Employee Workday Help

Life Event: Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP) Becomes Unavailable

Last updated Friday, April 5, 2024

Disclaimer: If the information on this page conflicts in any way with HCA documentation, the HCA documentation governs.

This Life Event is when you or your dependent’s current Consumer-Directed Health Plan (CDHP)* becomes unavailable because you or your dependent are no longer eligible for a Health Savings Account (HSA).

When this Life Event happens, you can change your medical plan; information about medical plan choices can be found on UWHR’s Health Insurance pages.

To change your medical plan, follow these steps:

  1. Download and complete the Employee Enrollment Change form linked in the right hand sidebar of this page.
  2. The Washington State Health Care Authority (HCA) may require you to provide evidence that the subscriber or the subscriber’s dependent is no longer eligible for an HSA. Gather/scan one of the following types of documentation to serve as proof of your current CDHP no longer being available to you:
    • A cancellation letter from your CDHP
    • Coverage confirmation from your new health plan
    • A Medicare entitlement letter
    • A copy of current tax return showing that you are claimed as a dependent on someone else’s tax return.
  3. Mail or email (preferred) the completed Employee Enrollment Change form and your supporting documentation to UWHR Benefits.

*A Consumer-Directed Health Plan is also referred to as a High Deductible Health Plan, or HDHP.

Related Links

Employee Enrollment Change form (PDF)

Circumstances that would prevent you from enrolling in a CDHP are described on UWHR's website.